My study this morning comes from Hebrews 2:9
At this time of year we seem to just focus on Jesus coming to earth as a baby. But we need to remember that the reason He came as a baby was to die. Generally, we think of His death on the cross @ Easter.
Think of this: The little baby hands the Holy Spirit fashioned inside Mary's womb were meant to have nails hammered thru them. His little feet were to walk up a hill carrying a cross. That sweet little head was meant to wear a crown of thorns & that little body wrapped in swaddling clothes was meant to be pierced by a spear that would reveal a broken heart.
His death was no accident....He was born to die as our substitute.
To do all this, He had to come as a man and temporarily He became lower than the angels but he accomplished something no angel could...our restoration.
Psalm 22 is a prophecy of Jesus on the cross.
Psalm 8:4b, 5 "...and the son of man that you care for him? yet you have made Him a little lower that the heavenly beings & crowned Him with glory & honor.
Daniel 7:13 “I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.
Ancient of Days refers to God the Eternal One who confers the Messianic Kingdom on the Son to rule @ His second coming.
As I read all these scripture verse, songs just started rolling thru my mind [per normal, eh? lol] so I went looking on you tube for them & as I sat & listened to each one praise just welled up inside of me for all that God has done...I pray that you might be blessed today as I was.
Immortal, Invisible, the only wise God
Ancient of Days
Phil. 2:10, I Timothy 6:15
Great Is The Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
-
I read a post on Instagram regarding New Year resolutions and God's will. They included a scripture so I got out my new Bible to see w...
-
my own personal study this morning goes right along with the bible study i've posted on Ps. 19. I am reading in Ephesians 4:1 which say...
-
Yesterday, I posted something about gentleness on FB. I am copying and pasting what I posted here because what I want to mention today goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment