Hebrews
2:3 how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?
Do
you know someone who knows and believe that Christ is the Savior,
they know they need Him, but they are unwilling to make a commitment
to Him? Maybe they even go to church and hear the Word of God.
I
was this person.
I
believed I had accepted Christ when I was 9 years old but I wasn't
really committed to Christ...even when I went to Bible school. For
many years I dabbled in the things of the world. I even went to
church [although I cried every time I went because I was under
conviction, knowing I needed to commit to God but unwilling to do
so].
Then
I got pregnant-I was single. I didn't know what I was going to
do. Having been brought up in a christian home, I knew abortion
was wrong. So I thought, ok I will choose an adoption plan
because I knew from the way I was taught that it was the parent's
responsibility to teach their children about God, about loving,
serving & obeying Him. However, I did not want to change my
lifestyle. Choosing adoption & picking a Christian family
seemed the best way to go!
God
had other plans [BUT GOD]. That door of adoption was firmly
closed in my face. Now what?
In
September of 1990 I flew from VA to Pensacola, FL to see my dad.
While there he & Janie took me to see an elderly woman who
attended his church because she had invited us to come pick pecans.
While there, the woman [Rose] invited me in while she made
coffee. In the course of our conversation, she opened her home
to me while I was pregnant if I moved down to FL. Having no
other options, I accepted & on 1 December I moved to FL. In
the meantime, between September and December, the Holy Spirit was
using events in my life to continue to woo me. I asked my
sister to send me some Christian music which she did. I cannot
remember what she sent but one song in particular was what God used
to get me from that intellectually convinced person to a committed
person. In October of 1990 I gave my life to Jesus Christ &
have never looked back. I gave birth to a son in January of
1991 & have been blessed ever since. Have I had hard times?
absolutely but God walked alongside me & brought me through
stronger. Even now, typing this, when thinking of the events in
my life and how God used them to woo me to Him, bring me to tears.
His love is overwhelming!
If
you or someone you know is in a similar place, I encourage you to
continue to pray for that person. I also encourage you to
"speak the truth in love" ~ speaking with clarity &
conviction.
Read
about the rich young ruler [who also had an intellectual knowledge of
salvation] in Matthew
19:16-22
As
always--comments are welcomed [and desired!]
No comments:
Post a Comment