19 October 2009

Playing Catch up

Wow I cannot believe that it has been 14 months since I have updated this.  I know I thought several times of adding to it but just never got around to doing so....boy what does that say about me??!
15 August 2008 ~ My dad passed away suddenly ~ heart attack.  The way he wanted to go, quickly & with no heroics.  I miss him a lot as he and I would talk frequently on the phone.
Thanksgiving 2008 ~ The kids & I drove to GA to spend the holiday with my brother & sister & their families.  I have not driven that far by myself since before Doug and I got married....I kept stopping and taking cat naps!! LOL
March 2009 Eddie got a job working @ McDonalds and on 11 September he finally got his driver's license & 28 September moved out.
Those are the highlights, really. 
School started for Tori in July.  She went to Rochester with the Stonington Baptist Church as a mission endeavor and had a good time. 
She started an A & P (anatomy & physiology) class at Camp Susque because she tells me she wants to work with babies, either as a doctor or a neonatal nurse.
Doug COULD retire in January but I don't think he is going to yet.  I told him we should sell the house and RV it around the country...can you just see it?  We wouldn't just aimlessly drive around...we could stop at churches along the way and help out for a bit ... as God leads.  But, Doug doesn't have the gypsy blood I have so he is not really in favor of this!!
Well, now that you have been caught up, I will close out & hopefully stay up to date.

No comments:

Featured Post

Wisdom: Above Or Below? ~ James 3:13-18