11 August 2008

Document, Record & Hold Fast

What do I mean? Well, as you can tell, I have been trying to stay up to date with this blogger & have been putting into "print" so to speak what God has been speaking to me. Today, in my little promise book the verse for the day was Hab. 2:3 which says:
  • For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.
    Hab 2:3 (NKJV)
I checked my cross references for this verse & in my Bible the notes said to check out the "Truth In Action" at the end of Hab. So I did and this is what it said:
Document those things the Lord speaks to you or quickens to your heart. Record biblical promises He makes alive to you and hold fast to them, knowing that they will come to pass.
Wow! That was kind of interesting as that is what I have been trying to do. But then, this morning in my devotions something else happened...I guess I should begin at the beginning. Last Tuesday (5 August) in my little promise book the verse that came up was II Timothy 1:7 which says:
  • God didn't give us a cowardly spirit but a spirit of power, love, and good judgment.
    2 Tim 1:7 (GW)
  • For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline.
    2 Tim 1:7 (ASV)
Today, however, that same verse (all within 1 week!) was in my regular devotions.
I am not sure just yet what God is trying to tell me...although I know He is trying to get thru to me about something!!!
Ok...as always I hope someone will comment on these blogs! Have a wonderfully great day ~ here in PA it is only about 60°...much much cooler!

3 comments:

Sonja said...

good ideas

Sonja said...

Hey Sis, you have an award waiting for you on my blog!

The Kurjian Family said...

Just wanted to say "HI" - it's beena long time!
Hope all is well with your family :)

Featured Post

Wisdom: Above Or Below? ~ James 3:13-18